The primary focus for your weight loss journey should be on diet and exercise routines. Your diet will keep your energy levels in check, while the exercise routine will tone your body by giving it a lean mass.
When trying to lose weight, there are certain foods you should incorporate in your diet while others that you avoid entirely. What you input in your body determines your overall body well-being.
• Start your day with an energy-packed breakfast: skipping breakfast is the most common mistake people make when trying to lose weight, but starving yourself does not help. Instead, eat a high protein and fibre packed meal to kick off your day. These include eggs, oatmeal, fruits, and vegetables.
• Eat healthy snacks between meals: instead of eating chocolates, cakes, and biscuits, choose healthier alternatives like a handful of nuts, baby carrots, salads, etc.
• Avoid wheat products: the gluten contained in wheat grain is hard to digest; hence causes the body to accumulate fat mainly around your waist. There are many alternatives to wheat, these include; almond flour, cassava flour, gram flour, teff flour, etc.
• Eat high fibre and low-fat foods: dietary fibre keeps your blood sugar in check, prevents constipation, and keeps you full longer hence aiding weight loss. Fibre curbs unnecessary cravings. These foods include broccoli, chia seeds, sweet potatoes, lentils, black beans, kidney beans, peas, etc.
• Drink plenty of water: water contains zero calories and flushes out toxins from your body. Keeping your body hydrated optimizes your internal organ activity and skin to look young and glowing. Focus on drinking at least eight glasses of water every day. If you do not like the taste of plain water, you can try infusing it with either lemon, mint or cucumber. Add these to your water in a large container and let it sit overnight for best results.
• Avoid carbonated drinks and artificial juices: these drinks contain processed sugars and copious amounts of calories; which are toxic to your body. Drinking freshly squeezed juice is the best choice.
It is essential to keep your body active as it improves its metabolism. There are lots of physical activities that you can engage in to accomplish this.
Cardiovascular exercises are ideal for weight loss; they include
• skipping rope,
• Stair climbing, etc.
These exercises will not only help you lose weight but also keep your heart healthy.
Choose an activity that you enjoy so that you enjoy the weight loss process. Joining a gym can be the best option as you will meet other people with the same agenda and they will keep you motivated.